Thursday, July 10, 2014

Bruising Like Crazy!!!!

For some reason, I am bruising like crazy.  Sometimes, I bruise for no reason.  Now, I do take coumiden but I have been for 8 1/2 years and I have never bruised like this before, never.  I have had my levels checked once last week, 2 times this week.  All 3 times say the same.  I am in therapeutic range and okay.  So, why am I bruising?  On to more testing.  I saw my family doctor this week and he is checking some stuff that he will send over to my hematologist.  I also so the hematologist.  I have a lump on my right calf that I will have an ultrasound next week for it.  He thinks it is either fatty tissue or a cyst, both of which is no big deal so that is good.  The bruising, however, he is majorly concerned with.  I have to keep an eye on my back, chest, and stomach because if I am bruising there, it is a big problem.  So far, I don't think so.  I don't know about my back as I don't look but I have a mirror so I will check tonight.  Both doctors have taken blood to see what the blood counts and things say.  I should have all results by the beginning of next month.  It may mean nothing, but it is best to check it out.

I have a happy Acer today.  Yesterday, we went to the store for his first reward of being polite and good sportsmanship.  He has been working very hard on this for about 2 weeks now.  I have been on him constantly and I mean constantly.  His first reaction to most thing is no or rudeness.  He doesn't really mean to be rude, but it comes out that way a lot.  He is a nice young man and is sweet and generous and very loving.  I just decided after hearing him and his friends that I was not putting up with all of their rudeness this summer and their poor sportsmanships so I started working on it with Acer.  His friends are also working on it, the older two (15 and 12) are helping the littler ones and Acer so that is a big help to me.  It is also much more pleasant to be around them all when they are like that.  The funny thing is, is that Angus (the 15 year old) had put in his Amazon.com cart the exact same bowling set for Acer that I bought yesterday!!!!  Isn't that a hoot?  I thought so.  Acer has been playing bowling ever since we came home with the set.  He loves it and I am glad that he does.  I like a happy boy.  Overall, he IS a happy boy.  It is just sometimes hard to see underneath the grumpy boy he can also be.

My head has been aching so much more lately.  I am not sure if it is the changes in the weather or what but oh my, it is insane.  I actually had to tell Acer's friends that they couldn't come over yesterday.  I just didn't feel well enough to have them over.  I know that they understood, but still, I don't like having to say no you can't come over.  My hips and lower back have been more achy too especially the hips.  The weather has been hot and cold then hot and cold again.  I know that has a bit to do with it but I also think the stress and anxiety of worrying about Calli has a lot to do with it too.  She is getting better!  Somewhere between 3 days and 2 weeks she will be coming home.  I can't wait.  I really can't.  I want to hug her and be able to talk to her even if she can't talk back that is okay.

I am learning how to cook this summer.  Acer has decided that I need to learn how to cook.  He wants me to make Taco Soup first so tomorrow, he and I will be heading to the store to get the ingredients we need.  He will be so surprised.  I hope it tastes good.  I hope I feel well enough to make it.  It seems rather easy.  Brown the meat and onions, use taco seasoning (we have that here at home), put in ranch seasoning, add tomatoes, and use cheese.  There may be a few other things but this is what I have by memory.  I don't have the recipe right in front of me.  I got it from cooks.com.  Acer also wants me to make Apple Pie.  He is going to camp soon for a little bit so he will be having fun there.  He loves camp and I am glad that he does.  His camps sound so cool, like camps I would have love to have gone to as a child.  I did like the camps that I went to when I was a girl scout and as a teen but his sound just as fun.

I have now lost 46 pounds!!!  I am so happy about this.  I just wish it was faster!!!  I know, if it is slow, it is better, I am just impatient right now but hey, that is just me, right?  I am glad my weight is finally going in the down position instead of up, up, up, and more up.  That was so scary because no matter what I did, it didn't make a difference.  Then Momma died.  Then I stopped caring.  Then I stopped eating properly.  Then I gained more weight.  Then came the amitryptiline or however you spell it.  I gained the last of the 25 pounds from that.  Overall, I gained 80 pounds from Lyrica and 25 from Amitryptiline not to mention the weight I gained all by myself without the help of medicine.  I now will no longer take any medicine that has a side effect of weight gain no matter how good it works.  I refuse to take it.  I flat out refuse.  I just won't take the stuff.  I can't afford to gain anymore weight, not when I have about 100 more pounds to lose.

Well, Mr. Impatient, otherwise known as Acer, is waiting for me to play bowling with him so I am going to end this now.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for saying this! I was recently started on amitriptaline (ok, I can't spell it either) and have been gaining weight (enough to notice without even stepping on a scale in just 2 weeks!) But when I told me Dr. he said it's not the meds, I just need to move more. Even tho I'm moving the same as ever. So thank you for posting about your weight gain experiences, it helps me to know I'm not making things up.

    ReplyDelete