Sunday, January 11, 2015

A New Year!

Happy New Year!!!  I do hope that 2015 is a great year for all of us!!!

My goal is to work on anxiety.  I am not saying that I am getting off my medication and will be able to control it all by my little onesy.  No, no, no, I am saying that the part that I can control, I am going to work on controlling better.  I am not going to try to get off my meds at this point.  Without them, I would be a wreck and well I know it because when I lost the music store in August 2008, I literally, overnight had to stop most of my medicine due to no prescription coverage and that meant no anxiety medicine.  I survived until right after my mother died.  At that point, I was a mess, a complete and utter mess.  I went to see my doctor and he prescribed me my medicine.  He was floored that I stopped cold turkey and didn't tell him.  He is such a caring doctor.  He said I need to speak to him about these things because there are things we can do to help.  Well, I didn't know and at the time, I was so depressed I couldn't think.  I just couldn't.  I know better now.

Christmas Eve and Day were wonderful.  I spent them with Kathy and her family at her parents place.  It was so lovely.  I really enjoyed myself.  The kids loved what they got and I got 2 gift certificates that I loved.  It was awesome.

I was very wiped out between Christmas and New Year's.  I slept quite a bit because of it.  I think I had just pushed myself too much for the holiday getting everything done.

New Year's Eve, we had friends over and it was great fun.  We played games and I managed to stay up until midnight.  Of course, I was exhausted on New Year's Day but Peony and I took a nap and that took care of that.

Since then, I have been battling major fatigue again.  I am not sure if it is because of the cold or what.  I have had to give up caffeine as it adds to my stomach issues so I don't know if that is part of the problem or not.  I no longer drink caffeinated drinks unless I am out and forget to order milk, which is what I prefer with a meal anyway but sometimes I forget.  I still get an upset stomach every night even with the giving up of foods that cause acid so I am not sure what will happen when I see my tummy doctor next week.  Perhaps we will be looking at my gallbladder?  I just don't know.  It is very hard to say.

Anyways, it has been a nice weekend.  Kathy celebrated her birthday yesterday by not going out.  I called to wish her happy birthday.  It was very cold yesterday.  We are in January and well, January can get rather chilly here. Stay warm!

2 comments:

  1. Milk...stop drinking it!!Stp eating gluten,too!I hope eliminating these 2 help you and all as it's helped me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Milk...stop drinking it!!Stp eating gluten,too!I hope eliminating these 2 help you and all as it's helped me!

    ReplyDelete